Saturday 20 January 2007

Stuff that I’ve found today under my bed

  • 8 books that I'm halfway through reading
  • 2 scarves that I'm halfway through knitting
  • 2 letters to Kay that I've never sent (one is dated May 2005)
  • A letter to Lucy that is fully addressed and has a stamp on it but has never made its way to a postbox.
  • 2 postcards of Keele University
  • A DS game that I borrowed and thought I'd lost
  • Countless receipts, ticket stubs, tissues, and plasters (not used ones – I'm not THAT gross)
  • 8 different letter writing sets
  • Unopened credit card statements
  • Some steel wool pan scourers
  • 3 pairs of gloves
  • A recipe for a kick-ass chocolate cake that I thought I'd lost
  • Some Kenyan shillings
  • An old cassette tape of Nik and I when we were young singing nursery rhymes. Some classics: Head shoulders knees and toes, 2 little dickey birds, London Bridge is falling down, Bla bla plab ship, and some Chinese ones and Vietnamese ones too. It's mainly Nik singing and me being the clown in the background. And Anh crying a bit every now and then. And me constantly asking in Chinese why there's no sound coming from the stereo. When speaking English we have such strong Chinese accents! We sound like our mother!

I think the last find has made it all worthwhile. I've now got to find a way to transfer the tape to cd. It's quite old, and the tape's actually broken in one place and sellotaped back together…!


There's one part of the tape where Nik's singing and I'm just playing races on my own in the background. I always was able to create my own entertainment when there's dull stuff going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home